Monday 2 September 2013

Wedding Quilt

Earlier this year my best and oldest friend got married and I was privileged enough to be one of her bridesmaids. I've known her since I was three years old, and we were in the same school class as each other all the way from nursery through to college. It's for this reason I wanted to get her something meaningful. I decided to make her a patchwork quilt... with three weeks to go until the wedding.

Despite working late nights and weekends on it, needless to say, I didn't finish it in time! But three months later it was finally finished and here it is...


I wanted to create something that was traditional and modern and old and new. The design is a traditional type pinwheel quilt, but the colours I chose are fresh and contemporary. The fabrics are a mixture of new and old vintage fabrics I had got from my Grandma.

I also hand embroidered a little keepsake ticket and attached it to the back of the quilt, as a reminder of the day.


No comments:

Post a Comment